Coulby Conduct offer a complete end to end service from the initial marketing appraisal right through to the management of your property. With Coulby Conduct Lettings and Management you can be assured that we will endeavour to provide you with a service second to none.

  • Fully Trained and Motivated Staff
  • Local Knowledge
  • Regular feedback and communication
  • Members of Association of Residential Lettings Agents - ARLA
  • Tenancy Deposit Scheme
  • Extensive Marketing

Coulby Conduct will be more than happy to provide a free marketing appraisal of your property and advise you on the rent achievable dependant upon market conditions and the condition of the property.

Once you have decided to instruct Coulby Conduct Lettings and Management we will begin marketing your property. Our marketing strategy is designed to achieve maximum exposure for your property with the property being displayed in the local branch and the dedicated Lettings Office, full colour advertising in the local press and exposure on a national website and our dedicated Coulby Conduct Website.

We can accompany all viewings and ensure that the tenants are being provided with as much information regarding the property as possible and will phone you with feedback regarding the viewing as soon as we possibly can.

Once a prospective tenant expresses an interest in the property we then reference them for you.
As a landlord you have a legal obligation to ensure that your property complies with all the necessary regulations regarding the safety of gas appliances, electrical installations and any furniture which is supplied in the property. We are happy to provide advice on all safety checks that will need to be implemented before a tenancy can begin and can provide these services to you for an additional fee.

All landlords are advised to provide a detailed inventory when renting out their property. This is necessary to protect any possessions remaining in the property.

Once the tenant(s) have signed the agreement we will then inform the Utility companies of the new occupants and instruct them to send any final bills to you, the landlord.

We will collect one month's rent and a deposit equivalent to the rental amount on signing of contracts. This will be deposited into your account less any fees to be paid to Coulby Conduct Lettings and Management. If the property is managed then we will hold this in our Client Account as Stakeholder.

It is at this juncture that if you have decided on our Let Only basis we will then ensure that the tenants have all of your contact details and we will of course provide them with yours . If you have chosen the management option we shall

  • Collect the rent on a monthly basis
  • Handle all administration
  • Carry out property inspections on a periodic basis
  • Deal with any problems that may arise during the tenancy
  • Should the tenancy come to an end carry out the final inspection
  • Inform the utility companies

In addition to all of the above Coulby Conduct are members of the Association of Residential Lettings Agents, which is a fully governed body and essential in this day and age for a good professional service.


Income tax is payable on all rental income arising from property in the United Kingdom regardless of the residential status of the landlord. Landlords living in the UK should include details of their income and expenditure when completing their income tax returns in the usual manner. Under the 1995 Finance Act, the lettings agent is obliged to advise the Inland Revenue that a letting has been arranged for a landlord who is non resident for UK tax purposes.

The Agent is liable for the payment of any tax, which arises from the letting and must therefore retain monies at the current tax rate, to cover this liability. Non resident landlords can apply to the Inland Revenue for an assessment on income from rental property. If this is granted, then the Inland Revenue will issue an exemption certificate and the agent will then be no longer be bound to retain tax on the rental income.

Coulby Conduct do not undertake to submit your tax returns and would recommend that you appoint an accountant to handle your tax affairs.


If your property is under mortgage then you are required to inform the lender of your intention to rent out the premises. There will usually be no objection, provided payments are up to date, but there may be an annual administration charge applicable, which will vary from lender to lender.